Read these sports commentaries from the British daily press and try to guess the sport being written about. Which words were clues?
Click here for answers
- " Since compiling an unbeaten 84 in Antigua in the last Test of the 1998 series, he has made just one fifty in 12 completed innings".
- "He birdied the final hole for a 4 under par total which enabled him to finish three ahead of the world no. 2".
- "Huddersfield were thrashed 40-4 by London Broncos whose lively full back Greg Fleming scored a hat-trick of tries to take his season total to 24".
- "He was beaten by his rival 4-6, 6-4, 6-4 in Sunday's final".
- "Almost straight away I felt comfortable. It took me a short while to adjust on the corners but I did around 60 laps without any problems".
- "In bright sunshine, the coxless four of James Cracknell, Steve Redgrave, Ed Coode and Matthew Pinsent were first at 500 metres with New Zealand a close second and the experienced Polish crew, seeded, like Britain, third".
- "Ten months, 34,000 miles and a lifetime of experiences later, Alex Thomson's crew on Ariel came home winners of the Clipper 98 race".
- "He added silver to his collection when finishing runner-up in the metre spring-board competition".